CLICK and VOTE Today for Turning Pointe Autism Foundation’s New Mascot
- This is OTIS. Isn’t he cute? Our competition is simple in that we would like artists who have autism spectrum disorder to design, draw, paint or craft a rendition of OTIS, Turning Pointe's beloved service dog, so that he can become the school mascot and be a part of the Turning Pointe brand. There is no cost to participate, but six (6) finalists will be eligible to receive $50 to $500 in cash prizes.
- The contest begins on February 10, 2017, when we reveal the "real" OTIS on our website and also on social media. In order to participate in our contest, however, we need artists, or a parent or friend of the artist, to first read the Terms & Conditions and agree to those terms. Basically, we want to be sure that our artists and/or their families understand that: any artwork that is submitted must be created by an individual on the spectrum; only an artist's initials will be used on public platforms and websites by Turning Pointe for contestants who do not place first, second and third in the contest (full names will not be used); and that all artwork will become the property of Turning Pointe Autism Foundation, once submitted.
- The public is encouraged to help us spread the word! Visit our Facebook page and share any posts that you like with your friends and family to help support Turning Pointe in making this contest a success.
- Before creating your submission, visit the Contest Submission Rules & Guidelines web page for tips for your submission.
- Once a design is ready for submission, participants need to take a photo of, or scan the original mascot design and email it to Turning Pointe at email@example.com. All submissions must be received by 11:59 P.M. Central Standard Time on Friday, March 10, 2017.
- All submissions received by March 10, 2017, will be evaluated by the Turning Pointe Board of Directors. Six (6) submissions will then be chosen by our Board to be our contest finalists. All six finalists' design submissions will then be posted on March 13, 2017, on Facebook to start the voting process.
- The public will vote on Facebook for their favorite submission. On March 17, 2017, voting on Facebook will close. Votes will be counted and the top three (3) finalists with the most votes will move on to the final round where Turning Pointe's Board of Directors will decide which of the three finalists created the best rendition of OTIS and who placed second and third in the contest.
- On March 24, 2017, the first, second and third place winners will be announced on Turning Pointe's website, Facebook, and other outlets and the first place winner will receive a $500 grand prize and also be named the official artist of Turning Pointe's first school mascot. The second place winner will receive $250 and the third place winner will receive $100. The remaining three of the top six finalists will receive $50 each as well.